1990s Dress by Jean Paul Gaultier in Black Silk Chiffon & Knit
Brand Poppy's Vintage Clothing
Label: Jean-Paul Gaultier Maille Femme Made in Italy
Dress: (Labelled) 37% Cotton 37% Wool and 26% Silk.
Slip: (Considered) 100% Silk
Description: Flattering and understated, this wool-cotton knit with silk chiffon dress is designed by Jean Paul Gaultier under his Maille / Femme label. Dress features a slip with built-in bra - no label on the slip, but came as a set from the original owner. Simple, easy to wear style: high rounded neckline, long sleeves with turned cuffs and diagonal waistline where chiffon skirt attaches to ribbed wool top. Typical of Gaultier, the seam is unfinished where chiffon overlaps the wool. Slip has decorative stitching on the cups.
- The size label reads "L" for large, but please rely on the following measurements for fit:
- Shoulders: 12 1/2" unstretched and 18” fully stretched across, seam-to-seam
- Sleeves: 24" in length from shoulder seam with the cuffs turned
- Sleeves Inseam: 18 1/2"
- Bust: 25" around unstretched, 40” around fully stretched
- Waist: 18" around, unstretched, 36” around fully stretched
- Hips: 24" around unstretched, 40” around fully stretched
- Overall length: 56" measured flat
- Excellent with no wear, tear, stains or odors.
- This dress and slip were well cared for and stored.