Sold Out

Jean Paul Gaultier Maille Femme Paisley Poncho Nylon Mesh One Size / Medium


Brand Poppy's Vintage Clothing

This product is unavailable

This is a wonderful modern take on the traditional paisley shawl, designed by Jean Paul Gaultier under his Maille / Femme label.  The piece is made of polyamide (nylon) mesh, 90% of the area, with the fringe and edge of the piece made of virgin wool, accounting for the other 10%.  It has an opening in its centre and simply goes over the head - it’s a very versatile piece and could be used over any number of garments to add colour and pattern without adding weight or bulk.

Age: 1990s

Label: Jean-Paul Gaultier Maille Femme Made in Italy

Color: Red, orange, white and black

Sizing: This should fit a range of sizes, but please rely on the following measurements for fit:

Neck opening:  24”around

Overall length: 44" long from the neck seam to the longest point

Condition:  It is in very clean condition with no stains, odors, wear or tear except for a tiny run/tear just below the neck seam at the right side, very minor (see last close-up photo). This piece looks to have seen little use, and was well cared for and stored.

Jean-Paul Gaultier's designs are always interesting and of excellent quality....this poncho is a great piece to instantly add class!