1920s Art Deco Flapper Coat in Cream and Amber Silk Embroidery
Brand Poppy's Vintage Clothing
This product is unavailable
Age: 1920 (Art Deco)
Color: White, Rust, Amber Gold, Red, Green and Black
Materials: Silk on Coarser Natural Fabric, Possibly Wool
Sizing: No size is indicated, but this should fit a medium to large size - please note the following measurements for fit:
- Shoulders: 18" across shoulder seam-to-seam
- Sleeves: 21" long
- Sleeve inseam: 16"
- Bust: 42"-43" around, fully closed
- Waist: 44", around, fully closed
- Length: 45" long
Stunning art deco coat fully embroidered with silk thread. Body of the coat is embroidered with a repeating cream white motif against a rust brown background. Bottom of the coat is finished in an deep amber gold geometric motif and the edge of the coat is also embroidered in a similar pattern. Below the knee length, open at the front with a single covered button closure at the waist. A long piece hangs from the right side of the neckline; it crosses the neck and hang down the back thereby closing the neckline. The coat has long sleeves, the ends of which are decorated with a banded zigzag pattern in colors of red, green, amber gold, white and black. Multi-colored zigzag pattern repeats on cuffs, hanging panel, collar, as well as between the cream white and the amber gold embroidery at the bottom hem. Coat is fully lined in white silk.
- Minor wear on the right side of the coat (likely from the sleeve rubbing against the coat).
- Some wear, less so, on the lower left sleeve and on the covered button.
- Slight wear to the edge of the panel.
- Black silk has worn on a number of pyramid panels, likely something to do with the dyes used.
- Some moisture staining to the lining at the lower area.
- Underarm lining on one side needs a few stitches.
- Coat is intact and the base fabric appears to be robust. Given that the embroidery is silk, which is fairly fragile, wear on a piece of this age should be somewhat forgiven.