1920s Art Deco Compact Filigree Dance Purse Frame Trinity Plate Ormolu Brass
Brand Poppy's Vintage Clothing
This product is unavailable
Age: 1920s (Art Deco)
Label: Trinity Plate Company
Dimensions: The purse measures 18 inches in overall length, including its chain and metallic tassel. The actual purse frame is 4 inches tall & the compact is 2 inches in diameter.
From the roaring twenties, a gorgeous Trinity Plate filigree purse frame with built-in compact. Trinity Plate purses are hand finished and decorated. Filigree metal is studded with seed pearls and blue sapphire colored stones.
- one blue stone missing on metal tassel
- one seed pearl broken away.
- otherwise in great shape.
- I have not tried to polish the ormolu brass as many collectors would prefer the original patina.
- there would have been a silk backing, but has been removed. One could sew a new piece of fabric into the teensy holes that are on the backing piece of the frame or leave it as is.
It would look fabulous hanging from a belt like a chatelaine.
About the Designer: The Trinity Plate Company existed from 1915 to about 1930. The piece is stamped Trinity Plate on the interior of the frame. The closures on the compact and frame are in working order.