1920s Art Deco Beaded Jacket Silk Woven Wool
Brand Poppy's Vintage Clothing
This product is unavailable
Age: 1920s (Art Deco)
Label: Adair Paris 4 Cité Paradis Made in France
Color: Off-White with black and brown beads
Materials: Silk and wool with glass beads
Sizing: No size is indicated, but this should fit a medium to large size - please rely on the following measurements for fit, taken from the exterior (please take the style of the jacket into consideration):
- Shoulders: 16” across shoulder/sleeve seam to shoulder/sleeve seam
- Sleeves: 22 1/2” long
- Sleeve inseam: 16”
- Bust: 46” around, taken under the arms, with a 1” gap at the opening
- Waist: 45” around
- Overall length: 27" measured flat
Gorgeous 1920s era beaded jacket that features an art deco inspired design on a woven silk and wool fabric. Woven silk forms a glossy pattern on the matte wool base. Beading is in black and brown geometric motifs, the principle one bearing resemblance to a lion rampant, originally used as the Royal Standard of Scotland, dating back to 1222. Jacket is made in a simple style with long sleeves, beaded collar and opening with no closures. No lining.
- Small brown stain to the interior of the left sleeve at the cuff - I have not tried to remove it, a professional cleaner should have success with it.
- Some yellowing to the interior neck at the back
- Minor bead loss at the lower back, but not apparent.
- Tiny hole at the right lower side towards the back, next to the sleeve, but this should be easy to mend.
- No other wear, staining, tear or other issues.
About the Designer: The House of Adair produced beaded garments for the export market, primarily the US, Canada and the UK. They were at their height of production circa 1925 and closed their doors during the 1930s.