1930s Vintage Opera Coat in Black Velvet
Brand Poppy's Vintage Clothing
This product is unavailable
Materials: Silk Velvet, Rayon Satin Lining
Sizing: There is no size label, but please rely on the following measurements for fit, taking the thickness of the fabric and style of the garment into account:
- Shoulders: 17 1/2" across seam-to-seam
- Sleeves: 21" long from shoulder seam
- Sleeve Inseam: 17"
- Bust: 36" around
- Waist: 36" around
- Hips: 40" around, but meant to hang somewhat loosely
- Overall Length: 53"
Fabulous opera/evening coat dating to the early 1930s. Coat features gorgeous quality silk velvet and is lined in off-white rayon satin. Striking pleated and gathered blouson back (appearance of being smocked) and loose sleeves that gather at the cuffs for a pleated effect. Fastens with an interior strap, button at the waist and button at the neck. Coat could be worn with the neck open, as either side forms a lapel (see photo of the piece posed like this).
- velvet is in very good condition with tears, stains or odors
- some water "splash" marks, primarily to one area at the back, but also a few here and there- a proper dry cleaning should take care of this, but they are fairly minor, considering that these coats almost always have some marking
- otherwise, coat looks to have seen very little use and was well stored over the years