Vintage 1990s Evening Gown by Chanel (Fall/Autumn 1999) Metallic Tulle over Wool Blend
Brand Poppy's Vintage Clothing
Label: Chanel / Made in France on the product label
- Dress (Labelled) “55% Nylon/45% Polyester”.
- Lining (Labelled) “54% Rayon/37% Wool/9% Nylon”.
Description: Beautiful evening gown made by Chanel as part of the Fall 1999 collection. Dress is made in a sleeveless, full length, style with spaghetti straps. Outer fabric is a tulle made of nylon and polyester in brown with metallic bronze thread throughout. The tulle is over a rayon/wool blend slip in a sparkly brown color. Dress fastens at the back with a zipper and 10 sparkly buttons, each gold stamped with the Chanel double C logo. Would be stunning in a ballroom setting, with fabric that is light reactive.
Sizing: The size label reads French size 40, which should be equivalent to a US size 10, but please note the following measurements for fit:
- Bust: 35” around, meant to be a close fit
- Waist: 30” around
- Hips: 35”-36” around
- Length: 51” from the top of the straps to the hemline, measured flat
- Excellent condition
- Dress looks to have seen very little use