1920s Vintage Flapper Dress in Black Silk Chiffon - Beaded
Brand Poppy's Vintage Clothing
This product is unavailable
Fabulous vintage 1920s flapper dress. Dress is made with black beading on a black silk chiffon base. It is without a slip, but posed on a mannequin with a blue slip in order to show the intricate detailing. Supply your own slip to create contrast and better show off the beaded pattern. Beads are arranged in horizontal rows, alternating between “rosette” shapes and other decorative bands. Beads are excellent quality, possibly jet - they have a particularly reflective quality to them. Dress has a high, rounded neckline and a matching chiffon “belt” at the dropped waistline that hangs decoratively from the left waist. Sleeveless and made in a mid-calf length. No closures other than a hook and eye at the right waist and skirt is open from the waist down at the right side. Dress simply slips over the head. There is no label.
Sizing: No size is indicated, but this should fit a medium size - please rely on the following exterior measurements for fit, taking the style of the dress into account (compare measurements with a similar top that you presently own or to your own body measurements, taking the cut of the garment into account):
- Shoulders: 17” across the top
- Bust: 42” around, taken under the arms, but should be somewhat loose
- Waist: 38” around
- Hips: 44” around - open at the right side
- Overall length: 46”, measured flat
Condition: Very Good
- one beaded rosette missing (see last close-up photo) at the right side front, two rows up from the hemline. It’s quite amazing that these 1920s dresses with heavy beading on delicate silk chiffon are able to survive intact for close to 100 years - they are becoming more and more difficult to find.